SANTA CLARA, Calif. and SHENZHEN, China, April 18, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Bolymedia Holdings Co. Ltd., a global high-tech company headquartered in Silicon Valley, is pleased to announce its fourth patented technology product for renewable energy at the SNEC PV Power Expo on April 19-21, 2017 in Shanghai, China.
BolySolar is a complete set of solar system technologies that will revolutionize the entire energy industry. At SNEC 2017, we will be showcasing our fourth product of BolySolar concentrators – the BolySolar Tripler.
The BolySolar Tripler is a concentrated solar power module (CSP) that combines Fresnel lenses and mirrors into a trapezoid-shaped concentrator. This design concentrates light onto a PV panel one third the size of a standard PV panel. The concentrated light compensates for the reduced panel size, producing higher wattage outputs compared to a standard size PV panel system.
Comparing the BolySolar Tripler to other CSP technologies, our simple design brings forth many advantages:
- This design brings down PV module costs by 20-40%, selling at less than $0.25/watt – making it the most cost effective energy source today.
- There is no need for a sun tracking system and can be applied to almost any surface. The BolySolar Tripler CSP is designed to adapt to the Sun’s seasonal and daily changes.
- Our design is safer than regular PV modules due to the PV panel being sealed inside the Tripler PV module. The PV panel is not exposed to rain and dust that may cause short circuits or fire. The operational temperature of the BolySolar Tripler is approximately 60o C or less, which is the same or lower than non-concentrated PV modules.
- The BolySolar Tripler can be made as thin as regular PV modules and has a higher wind load tolerance due to its structural design.
- The BolySolar Tripler was designed to be applicable to an array of current installations already in use. By keeping current installations in mind, we were able to design the BolySolar Tripler to easily adapt to the following solar system set ups.
Utility-scale PV installations.
- Existing racks (fixed or sun-tracking) without the need of any change.
- Rooftop or wall mount installations in the form of glass or clay tiles.
- Water surface installations. The BolySolar Tripler design can be a floating platform that does not need any additional floating support structures.
The BolySolar Tripler is currently being tested with samples of our design. Early products will be mass-production ready in Q3, 2017.